Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day one with my arms wide open!

To be perfectly honest, this is so exciting!  This is also so frightening!  Like in my mentoring class today.  I had to stand up and introduce myself, my interests and then say thank you and say my name again and what I am worth an hour.  I am always so confident in my abilities, but this left me so nervous that I slapped my thighs at the sides five times!  Talk about self-confidence issues...I was being judged by the best and told to keep working at my hand placement when opening my arms wide open so that my palms are forward and not up, stating that I am bogged down with too much.  Interesting that that happened, only once, but it still happened.  This NASCAR, couch sittin mama!  To think that I have too much!  That was interesting, so I am going to work on that, and today I did.  All afternoon so far, as my children have come home, I have greeted them with arms wide open and palms to the front.  Two out of the three embraced me around the middle.  My oldest, the analytical one, asked "what?" then hugged me.  Interesting.  Try it on your family today.  Open your self, your emotions, and let your guard down long enough to see what will happen in your house.  Just stand in the middle of the room in front of people and open them puppies wide open and just smile and see the results.  No explainations are needed, just start to get comfortable with the possibilities of being more open and more things will enter in.  Keep those hands open so that things can flow in and out.  Make sure that everyday you perform some kind of service.  Today I will find someone who needs me and I will serve them with arms wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment